Thursday, July 20, 2006

No Interference Please

When I was small, I used to practice and sharpen my drawing and painting skills at the Art Gallery. When I would be drawing, people would gather around me and it felt like thousands of pairs of eyes were monitoring each and every movement of my hand. Some of the spectators would also give advices and some others would even try pointing out the mistakes. I would get very nervous then. My pencil would behave as if it were heavily lubricated. After all that effort I would put in to get the desired result, I would get something that would be far from sensible. And then, I would really wish that people had not interfered in my passion.

Sometimes when I am engrossed in a novel, I feel something strange. I either hear someone (or something, I wouldn’t be sure) breathing or hear some foot steps. Could it be a troubled soul? A ghost? Oh no, a dragon? I wonder. This scares the wits out of me. And then, the loud, unbearable words-‘What are you doing sis?” Whew! It’s just my brother. I get relaxed but I really wish my brother had not interfered in my leisure time.
Sometimes, when people try to peek into our lives and try to know about it out of their limits, we really wish they do not interfere in our lives.

When the politicians try to disrupt the equality of the nation through reservations and quotas, we wish they don’t interfere in the matters of the people.

When the peace of a society is broken by inhumane plans, everybody wishes no one had interfered in their city.

When the bloggers and the blog-hoppers see no point in sitting and staring at unyielding screens, they wish the government hadn’t interfered with their freedom to expression.

Conclusion: Interferences are never admired. Everybody wishes to live in a non-interfered world. And everybody must make it clear in the best possible way. So, while you think of ways to make your points clear, I am going to talk to my brother and tell him ‘Look, I don’t want you to interfere at all when I am reading because when you do, I get really (no, not scared) angry…..yes, very very angry.”

10 comments:

Axiomate said...

well da..if blogspot had closed down then i would have moved over to wordpress..thanks god its accessible.

Tanvi said...

Oh, o yea....it's working now! thanks, axiomate.

Addy said...

Cudnt have found better exemplification of my frustration in seeing blogspot been banned..thankfully the ban is lifted and can read the article which belies ur age...frankly speakin ur words appear more matured than a 18 year old...

Tanvi said...

Addy, you know how old I am!!! :o

Nitya,thanks!

Anonymous said...

incredible blog tanvi... i hv bcm ur fan... keep it up dear..

Tanvi said...

Look who's talking!
Aprajita,even though I haven't gone through any of your works,I really think I have a lot to learn from you.
I don't expect my idols to become my fans(no.not even at times of power failures)
Thanks for dropping in at my space.

Addy said...

Ur profile says u r 18...hope its not misleading:)

The Xorcist...!!! said...

hey.. was jus surfin all blogs...really nice post.

Tanvi said...

addy,I gave the correct birth date.So,if google's calculations are to be trusted,yup,I am 18 =)

lost,welcome to my space and thanks a lot.

Addy said...

Though it wud hv been real fun- landing in and out of trouble -as more often than not i invariable end up doing...unfortunately i had to leave wonderful chennai and move to a funless n emotionless Banaglore