Friday, June 18, 2010

It's my turn

As I see my hands twitch and tremble while cleaning up my desk, I realize that feelings are funny things. 


They trick you into getting attached to stuff as silly, useless and of almost zero aesthetic value, as dried flower petals and torn wrapping papers taking up all of your drawer space. You know that nobody will use them for anything. You know that the next time you'll look at them will be when you decide to clean up your desk again. But you still think countless times before doing away with them.


No one is brave enough to defy feelings at one go. But technology's greatest gift to mankind is the amazing way to store stuff in a couple of bytes, without having it take your drawer space. 






And now, this stuff will have everything to do with memories and feelings and attachment but nothing to do with dilemma.


Feelings trick you too often to even think of beating their score. But at least you can gain more points by tricking them sometimes.


I finally convinced my feelings to let me send a few things to the bin. All I had to do was to trick my feelings into thinking that some space is to be made for better gifts to come ;)


13 comments:

TurbulentMind said...

My feelings have been stored over the past 6-7 years in a small drawer..i have everything from bus tickets to random diary entries there..feelings are funny..memories are forever, good or bad..

i doubt i will ever be able to throw some of it..but i have often wondered about the clutter that i am going to have by the time i am in my late twenties even :P ..good for you that you could let it go..i am still trying :|

Lucifer said...

brave step

Tanvi said...

TurbulentMind, saving memories is so very cute, and you are a lucky girl you can keep them. I really needed to make some space in my closet. I have already started to miss them.

Mayz, you bet

Jesson Balaoing said...

no doubt your a brave!!!

starry said...

Sometimes these useless pieces ofpaper hold feelings and memories that we are not ready to discard and it does take some bravery to let go.

Angel :) said...

Courageous. Move on!

Tanvi said...

Thanks everybody for calling me brave and courageous.....funny feelings....they make me feel stupid

Sovina said...

hey tanvi..stumbled upon your blog from somehwere..just wanted to say that u have a great blog..and i will sure be back for more..i am usually the kind of person who doesn't get attached to memories kinda stuff..so no baggages, unpleasant thoughts etc for me..i believe the present has enough stuff to keep me occupied :)

http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com/

Tanvi said...

Hey Sovina,lucky you because unpleasant memories really are a baggage. Not many can get rid of it easily. Thnx for the visit.

nikhil said...

sorry most of ma stuff so feeling bad about it but from writing point of view u r awesome!!!!

Ph_ said...

well written ! memories attached to cards and gift wrappings are the best of all :)

Red Nails & Raindrops said...

Very well written! I like your blog!!
Check mine out :)
http://youdidwhaaat.blogspot.com/

Ishaan said...

well written no doubt.but pessimistically. feelings depends on what u think through soul not through mind. whenever u have someone whose things are still in closet[a.k.a. soulmate], he is there in soul too. so positve thinking says that if u had fun with that mate why cant it be revived back again? why not give it try? its always easier to back out but its more interesting to see whether those things are really supposed to be in there or should they be picked out again to have the same utter joy that came when those things were given and may be those feelings too never died. they might have been suppresed under pressure? so never be pessimistic. give life another chance to get those things out to make way for better things.